Tidelands Health Foundation
Established in 1990, the Tidelands Health Foundation works in concert with Tidelands Health to provide new technologies, modern, convenient facilities and increased access to health care services for Tidelands residents.
But these investments and improvements could not happen without the loyal support of individual and corporate donors. Together with supporters, the Tidelands Health Foundation is changing the lives of men, women and children across the region.
Over the years, the foundation and area donors have improved access to health care by providing financial support for myriad initiatives, including:
- Transportation initiatives that help ensure patients get to the care they need
- Construction of a new surgery pavilion at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital
- Major renovations at Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital
- Access to breast cancer screening for indigent women
Today, the need is far too great to let up in these efforts. Alarmingly, South Carolina, including the Tidelands region, is plagued by high rates of obesity, diabetes and stroke. The high school graduation rate and access to health insurance, both indicators of healthy behaviors, are also among the lowest in the nation.
With your support, the Tidelands Health Foundation can continue to:
- Transform Tidelands Health facilities to create the finest healing environments
- Enhance the patient and family experience
- Create opportunities for greater access to care for the uninsured population
To donate, use our safe and secure online donation form.