In response to increasing COVID-19 spread in the region, Tidelands Health has adjusted its hospital visitation guidelines. We are implementing additional restrictions to help limit any potential spread of COVID-19 as cases and hospitalizations in the region increase dramatically, fueled by the Delta variant.
Under the new visitor guidelines:
- With certain restrictions and precautions, inpatients at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital may be accompanied by one adult patient support partner between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Additionally, one adult patient support partner may stay overnight. Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two adults. ICU patients who are not on COVID-19 isolation may be accompanied by one adult patient support partner during the hours of 10 a.m.-noon, 3-5 p.m. and 8-10 p.m.
- For the safety of patients, their loved ones and our team members, patients in COVID-19 isolation may not be accompanied by a patient support partner. Exceptions may be made for end-of-life situations and other special circumstances.
- Visitors are not allowed in the emergency department. Patients in the emergency department who require extra support or assistance may be accompanied by an adult patient support partner if approved by clinical staff.
- Patients receiving outpatient services may be accompanied by one adult patient support partner.
- Patients at Tidelands Health Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health, may be visited by one adult patient support partner a day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Tidelands Health also strongly encourages everyone 12 and older to get the COVID-19 vaccine, which has proven to be safe and highly effective in controlling the spread of COVID-19. The vaccine is offered at all Tidelands Health Family Medicine offices to patients with routine appointments.
Individuals without appointments with their physician can get the vaccine at one of three convenient Tidelands Health regional vaccination sites in Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet and Georgetown. No appointments are needed at the vaccination sites; individuals can simply walk in during the following hours:
- Tidelands Health Medical Park at The Market Common, 2200 Crow Lane, Myrtle Beach: Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Waccamaw Medical Park West, 4040 Highway 17, Suite 204, Murrells Inlet, Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, Harris Medical Pavilion entrance, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown, every Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Masking requirements for patients, visitors and vendors
In alignment with CDC guidance, all patients, visitors and vendors must continue to wear a mask at all Tidelands Health locations.
Vendor/sales representatives continue to be prohibited to solicit on-site sales, promotions, introductions, training/education sessions, luncheons, etc. until further notice. Service/repair technicians and vendor representatives required to be in attendance for certain clinical procedures are allowed.
As a reminder:
- Our hospital cafeterias are open only for patients, designated patient support partners and staff.
- Patients who need assistance from the business office should reach out by phone. For the Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital business office, call 843-652-1020. For the business office at Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, call 843-652-8201.
- Vendors are only allowed when necessary to support critical hospital functions.