With certain restrictions and precautions, hospitalized patients at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital may be visited by one designated adult patient support partner per day between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
For the safety of patients, their loved ones and our team members, the following exceptions apply:
- Patients in the critical care unit may not be visited by a patient support partner.
- Patients in COVID-19 isolation may not be visited by a patient support partner.
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by one adult patient support partner after the patient has been assessed and determined not to have COVID-19.
Exceptions may be made for end-of-life situations and other special circumstances.
All patient support partners will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the door, including a temperature check, as part of Tidelands Health’s Safe in Our Care initiative. Anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees will not be allowed to enter. A face mask must be worn at all times on Tidelands Health property.
Family, friends, church members and others who wish to offer support to patients can visit virtually via video call or send a cheer card. Patient loved ones may also create a free, personal site through caringbridge.org to share news, schedule support for errands and household chores, set up a meal train and more.
As a reminder:
- The hospital cafeterias are open only for patients, designated patient support partners and staff.
- Patients who need assistance from the business office should reach out by phone. For the Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital business office, call 843-652-1020. For the business office at Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, call 843-652-8201.
- Vendors are only allowed when necessary to support critical hospital functions.