In response to increasing COVID-19 spread in the region, Tidelands Health has adjusted its hospital visitation guidelines. We are implementing additional restrictions to help limit any potential spread of COVID-19.
Medical grade mask required
During the Omicron surge, everyone in a Tidelands Health facility must wear a medical grade mask. Cloth masks are not allowed. We have complimentary medical grade masks available — limit one per person per visit, please. If you need a medical grade mask, please ask at a reception desk.
Learn more about medical grade surgical masks.
Under the new visitor guidelines:
- With certain restrictions and precautions, inpatients at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital may be accompanied by one adult patient support partner between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Additionally, one adult patient support partner may stay overnight. Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two adults. ICU patients who are not on COVID-19 isolation may be accompanied by one adult patient support partner during the hours of 10 a.m.-noon, 3-5 p.m. and 8-10 p.m.
- For the safety of patients, their loved ones and our team members, patients in COVID-19 isolation may not be accompanied by a patient support partner. Exceptions may be made for end-of-life situations and other special circumstances.
- Visitation is not permitted for adult patients in the emergency department. Pediatric patients may be accompanied by one adult. Patients in the emergency department who require extra support or assistance may be accompanied by an adult patient support partner if approved by clinical staff. Exceptions may be made for end-of-life situations and other special circumstances.
- Patients receiving outpatient services may be accompanied by one adult patient support partner.
- Patients at Tidelands Health Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health, may be visited by one adult patient support partner a day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Masking requirements for patients, patient support partners and vendors
In alignment with CDC guidance, all patients, patient support partners and vendors must continue to wear a mask at all Tidelands Health locations.
Vendor/sales representatives continue to be prohibited to solicit on-site sales, promotions, introductions, training/education sessions, luncheons, etc. until further notice. Service/repair technicians and vendor representatives required to be in attendance for certain clinical procedures are allowed.
As a reminder:
- Our hospital cafeterias are open only for patients, designated patient support partners and staff.
- Patients who need assistance from the business office should reach out by phone. For the Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital business office, call 843-652-1020. For the business office at Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, call 843-652-8201.
- Vendors are only allowed when necessary to support critical hospital functions.