Tidelands Health to welcome walk-ins during select hours at COVID-19 regional vaccination sites this week
As part of its ongoing effort to remove barriers to COVID-19 vaccination, Tidelands Health will offer the lifesaving vaccine on a walk-in basis at three regional vaccination sites this week.
Individuals 16 and older can stop by a Tidelands Health vaccination site during select hours to receive the vaccine without an appointment. Appointments continue to be available, as well.
Individuals who walk in for their first dose will receive an appointment for the required second dose of the vaccine.
Walk-in locations, days and hours are as follows:
- Howard Gymnasium, 1610 Hawkins St., Georgetown: Wednesday, April 14, through Friday, April 16, 1-3 p.m.
- Tidelands Health Medical Park at The Market Common, 2200 Crow Lane, Myrtle Beach: Wednesday and Thursday, April 14-15, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Inlet Square Mall, 10125 Frontage Road, Murrells Inlet: Wednesday, April 14, through Friday, April 16, 1-4 p.m.
“While we’ve made it easier than ever to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine by phone or online, we realize some people may need the flexibility of walk-in hours,” said Gayle Resetar, chief operating officer. “We’re committed to removing barriers to access and getting our community vaccinated as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.”
Scheduled appointments are also available this week at all three regional vaccination sites. Individuals who prefer a scheduled appointment time continue to have three convenient scheduling options:
- CALL: To schedule a vaccine appointment by phone, call 1-833-6-MYSHOT (1-833-669-7468). Representatives are available from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. seven days a week.
- CLICK: Vaccine appointments can be scheduled online at tidelandshealth.org/vaccine using the hospital patient portal. You don’t have to be a Tidelands Health patient to use this tool.
- CHAT: Scheduling is also available via an online chat feature at tidelandshealth.org/vaccine. Chat scheduling is available from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. seven days a week.
To date, Tidelands Health has administered more than 61,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. There is no out-of-pocket cost to be vaccinated.