Delightfully baked fish
When it comes to baking fish, flaky and fresh can make for a great combination. For a classic meal with a seasoned flare, try this delicious baked fish with lemon-pepper seasoning and onions.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound fish fillets (whitefish, trout or tilapia)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Place 12-inch piece of foil on counter. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place fillets in middle of foil. If fillets have skin, place skin-side down.
- Spread sliced onions, salt, pepper and oil on top of fillets. Add lemon pepper seasoning, if desired. Fold foil over fish.
- Place foil pouch on baking sheet and place in oven. Bake fish 15-20 minutes until fish reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145 F on a food thermometer and is flaky when tested with fork.
- Divide into four portions and serve.
Nutrition per serving:
Total Fat 3.3g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Total Carbohydrate 2.8g
Dietary Fiber 0.6g
Total Sugars 1.2g
Photo courtesy of Getty Images
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture