Baked Salmon with Peanut Butter Glaze
Looking for a new addition to your meal plan? Consider this tasty recipe, which offers the health benefits of both salmon and peanuts.
For its part, salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and serves as a great source of protein. Peanuts, too, are packed with protein and serve as a good source of vitamin E, niacin, folate and other vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup 100 percent orange juice
- Heat oven to 400° F and line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place salmon on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper to taste. Bake salmon 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- In small saucepot over medium-low heat, whisk together peanut butter, chili garlic sauce and orange juice and cook until warm.
- To serve, pour peanut butter glaze over salmon.
Nutritional information per serving: 334 calories, 23 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 27 g protein, 8% vitamin C, 4% calcium, 3% iron.
Source: Georgia Peanut Commission