Georgetown Hospital System Offers Flu Vaccine
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Georgetown, SC—Georgetown Hospital System today announced plans to hold community influenza vaccine clinics during November and December.
The flu shots will be available at the following locations on these dates:
- Tuesday, Nov. 6 (2 – 4 p.m.) – Georgetown Memorial Hospital lobby
- Thursday, Nov. 8 (1 – 4 p.m.) – Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Church, Garden City
- Saturday, Nov. 10 (7:30 – 10:30 a.m.) - Rosemary Middle School, Andrews
- Monday, Nov. 12 (2 – 4 p.m.) – Georgetown Memorial Hospital lobby
- Monday, Nov. 12 (9 a.m. – 12 noon) – Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church, Pawleys Island.
- Tuesday, Dec. 11 (7:30 – 10:30 a.m.) – Plantersville Senior Center
For a first time, the shots will be offered for mobility impaired persons in a “drive-up” setting from 11 a.m. – 12 noon during the flu shot clinic to be held Monday, Nov. 12 at Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church, Pawleys Island. Registration and injection will be available to individuals with mobility impairments without leaving their vehicles during this specially designated time.
Flu shots are $20. Medicare is accepted, but a Medicare card must be presented.
The clinic schedule will continue as long as the vaccine supply permits.
For more information about Georgetown Hospital System’s flu vaccine clinics, call 843-520-8447.