The general surgeons of Tidelands Health Surgical Specialists bring skill and expertise to the comprehensive treatment of patients with injuries and illnesses involving a wide range of systems and anatomical regions.
And this surgical practice is the first in the area to use single incision laparoscopic surgical techniques for cholecystectomy, appendectomy and hernia repairs. The technique has tremendous patient benefits including minimized pain, rapid recovery and potential for minimal scarring since the procedure uses a very small, single incision through the belly button.
General Surgery Services Include:
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Hernia repair
- Gallbladder surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease surgical procedures
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Surgical treatments for gastrointestinal diseases including GERD,
biliary disease, benign and malignant conditions of bowel and colon
- Comprehensive vascular care, both arterial and venous disease
- Chronic wound care
- Skin cancer/melanoma assessment and surgery
- Other general surgical procedures