Each year, Tidelands Health provides financial and in-kind support for local organizations that align with our mission of health and wellness. To determine if your organization is eligible to apply, please carefully review the following guidelines. Eligible organizations may then complete the online application. All sponsorship applications will be reviewed by the Tidelands Health community giving committee, which will make funding decisions based on established guidelines and criteria. While we receive many requests each year, we direct our funding to those events and organizations that most closely align with our health care mission.
Note: Applications must be submitted via the online application form. Requests submitted by mail or e-mail will not be considered.
Tidelands Health Sponsorship Guidelines
Tidelands Health, our region's MUSC Health affiliate, has a strong philanthropic history and commitment to giving to our community. Being a good civic leader is an important part of the way we do business as a not-for-profit health care system. To align with federal and state community benefit requirements, sponsorships granted by Tidelands Health should promote health as a response to identified community health needs in Georgetown, Horry and Williamsburg counties. Priority funding and consideration will be given to programs and activities that focus on the following areas:
- Health disparities
- Disease management
- Disease prevention and health promotion
- Coordination of care
Sponsorship applications must be completed online and are accepted year-round. To be considered for funding, you must answer YES to each of the following questions:
- Is your organization a Section 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(1),(2) or (3) tax-exempt organization that is classified as a public charity or a non-profit government entity?
- Tidelands Health provides sponsorship and donation support for organizations that serve individuals in Georgetown, Horry and Williamsburg counties. Does your organization serve one or more of these locations?
- Tidelands Health focuses its community giving on health care, wellness and health care education. Does your organization emphasize one of these focus areas?
- Does your organization have a non-discrimination policy?
Funds will not be granted for the following:
- Organizations that do not meet the above eligibility criteria
- Individuals and families
- Student or group tours, trips or pageants
- Organizations or events that are not open to members of the general public
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability or other characteristic protected by law
- For-profit businesses
- Labor organizations
- Political or partisan organizations
- Organizations whose mission, vision, values, philosophy and/or business practices are not in alignment with Tidelands Health’s mission, vision and values
See our frequently asked questions for answers to common questions.