COVID-19 Treatment Trial
Help people with COVID-19 feel better faster by participating in the ACTIV-6 clinical trial. Learn more about the trial by clicking below to read the flier.
Read the flier.
Help change the future of COVID-19 treatment by participating in a major clinical trial designed to find effective treatments for people with mild to moderate COVID-19.
As our region's MUSC Health affiliate, we are helping recruit volunteers to participate in the ACTIV-6 research study, which is testing several medications approved for other diseases to see if they can help people with COVID-19 feel better and stay out of the hospital.
To be eligible, participants must:
- Be at least 30 years old
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days
- Have had at least two of the following symptoms:
- Feeling tired
- Trouble breathing
- Upset stomach
- Body aches or chills
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
If you are selected to participate, you will:
- Take either a study medication or placebo, as prescribed. A placebo is a medication that has no active ingredients and will have no effect.
- Answer short surveys daily for 14-28 days. Surveys are taken online on a secure, private website. There are no in-person study visits.
- Complete a follow-up survey after approximately 90 days.
- Be part of a group of people across the U.S. who are helping find better treatments for COVID-19.
Find out more
If you are interested in participating in the ACTIV-6 clinical trial or would like to learn more, please call 833-385-1880 or contact Elizabeth Szwast at the Medical University of South Carolina at 843-792-4675 or email@example.com.