This professional development course for nurses prepares students with the knowledge and skills of basic to intermediate cardiac rhythm interpretation. Participants will learn to identify and measure components of an ECG waveform and identify interventions for common and life-threatening arrhythmias.
- Identify basic anatomy and physiology of blood flow through the heart
- Identify pathways of the conduction system.
- Identify P, QRS, T wave and measure PRI and QRS intervals.
- Apply 5 steps of the systematic approach to identify the following types of rhythms: Sinus; Atrial; Junctional; Ventricular; AV Blocks and Paced Rhythms
- Identify rhythms using dynamic monitoring
- Identify lead placement for 5-Lead monitoring system
This nursing continuing education activity awards 13.25 contact hours upon successful completion.
Tidelands Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the South Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
For more information and to register, please contact Tidelands Health organizational development at 843-527-7105.