Nursing professionals are invited to take part in this interactive course, which reviews and identified evidence-based approaches and goals for precepting.
Class goals are:
- Define precepting
- Identify barriers to precepting
- Identify key roles of a preceptor
- Discuss purpose of precepting
- Describe how precepting helps to meet organizational goals
- Identify individual personality and communication styles
- Discuss how to integrate a new employee into the work environment
- Contrast learning stages and styles
- Identify considerations for evaluating a new employee
- Demonstrate ability to provide feedback as a preceptor
This nursing continuing education activity awards 3.0 contact hours upon successful completion.
Tidelands Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the South Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
For more information and to register, please call Tidelands Health organizational development at 843-527-7105.