Vascular Services and Treatments
Your arteries and veins carry life-giving blood and oxygen throughout your body. But blood clots or plaque in your blood vessels can lead to heart attack, stroke or chronic health conditions. Take steps to protect your well-being with quality vascular care from Tidelands Health.
Do you know your coronary calcium score?
The best way to help prevent a heart attack brought upon by coronary artery disease is to catch the disease early.
Vascular Conditions We Treat
Depend on vascular specialists at Tidelands Health for help with conditions such as:
Extensive Diagnostic and Imaging Services
Take advantage of a wide range of vascular diagnostic and imaging services, including:
- Arteriogram – Uses a special dye that lets doctors see your arteries with an X-ray
- Ankle-brachial index – Helps determine your risk of peripheral vascular disease
- Carotid ultrasound – Shows whether plaque is clogging your arteries
- Fractional flow reserve – or FFR – Helps determine whether enough blood is passing through your arteries
- Imaging services for dialysis access grafts
- Intravascular ultrasound – or IVUS – Inserts a tiny tool into your blood vessels to see inside them
- Transcranial Doppler – Measures blood flow through your brain
- Vascular ultrasound – Examines your circulation
Treatments for Your Arteries and Veins
Turn to Tidelands Health, our region’s MUSC Health affiliate, for treatments to help your arteries and veins continue to send blood to your vital organs. Our medical experts offer advanced treatment using the latest technology.
Depending on your condition, vascular surgery may be necessary. Many vascular conditions can be treated with minimally invasive procedures, which can help reduce discomfort and expedite your recovery.
At Tidelands Health, our experienced and knowledgeable medical professionals will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that helps you achieve your health goals.