Pain makes it harder for you to enjoy your hobbies, relationships and daily activities. But you don’t have to live with discomfort. Caring pain management specialists at Tidelands NextStep Pain Management Services can offer relief and give you hope.
Conditions We Treat
You may experience acute pain that starts suddenly, often because of an injury, and usually goes away. You might also feel chronic pain that lasts for a long time. Seek treatment from Tidelands NextStep Pain Management Services for discomfort associated with acute and chronic conditions such as:
Comprehensive Pain Management Services
When you come to us for help, a specially trained physician will review your medical history, listen carefully to your description of your pain and perform an exam to help determine the source of your discomfort. You’ll then get a personalized treatment plan that may include:
- Cryoablation – Freezes nerves to block sensations of pain
- Radiofrequency ablation – Heats nerves to stop them from sending pain signals to your brain
- Botox – Helps prevent migraines
- Epidural – Can relieve pain in your lower back and legs
- Joint – Eases arthritis symptoms
- Trigger point – Treats tender areas of muscle
- Intrathecal pump – A device placed under your skin to send pain-relieving medication directly to your spinal cord
- Nerve blocks
- Lumbar sympathetic – Assists in relieving low-back aches
- Medial branch – Blocks pain from small nerves connected to the facet joints in your vertebrae
- Occipital – Helps prevent headaches
- Sacroiliac joint – Treats low-back pain
- Stellate ganglion – Eases discomfort in your arms and face
- Physical therapy – Helps restore function and improve your range of motion
- Spinal cord stimulator implant – Uses mild electrical signals to ease pain
- Spine care, including spinal fusion surgery.
If necessary, we’ll use X-ray or ultrasound images to guide your interventional procedure and help ensure you get pain relief where it’s needed most.
We’ll work with you to find the treatment – or combination of treatments – that gives you maximum relief. If one technique isn’t a good fit for you, talk with your pain management team about trying a different approach.
Stay Well Emotionally
Learning how to cope with pain improves your outlook on life. That’s why we offer emotional support and encouragement during your treatment. We can even help you arrange care from a psychologist who will assist you in managing depression and anxiety.
When you’re ready for light physical activities that relax your mind and body, take a yoga or Tai Chi class at our Tidelands HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness.