Lung and Respiratory Care
If you experience difficulty breathing, seek relief at Tidelands Health. Our medical staff includes physicians who are board-certified in pulmonary medicine, meaning they have training in advanced treatments for your lungs and follow strict measures to help keep you safe.
Do You Want to Quit Smoking? We Have the Help You Need
Have you tried to quit smoking only to relapse and start again? Then you know how hard it can be. Dr. Lash Springs discusses smoking cessation and how you get the help you need to quit for good.
Conditions We Treat
Get help at Tidelands Health for lung and respiratory conditions such as:
Lung and Respiratory Services
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
In this segment, Dr. Desmond Young discusses COPD, treatments available at Tidelands Health, and the steps you can take to prevent it from occurring in the first place.
At Tidelands Health, you’ll benefit from a wide range of pulmonary tests and treatments, including:
- Bronchoscopy – Lets your physician see inside your respiratory tract
- Cancer care for lungs – Includes diagnostic services and personalized treatment
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation – Offers education, exercise, peer support and guidance from medical professionals to help you cope with lung disease
- Pulmonary function testing – Assists your doctor in diagnosing lung disorders
- Respiratory therapy – Helps you improve your breathing
- Sleep apnea evaluation – Assesses how well you breathe during sleep
- Smoking cessation education – Gives you practical advice on quitting smoking
- Thoracentesis – Removes fluid in your chest to make breathing easier
- Ventilator management – Supports breathing when you can’t breathe on your own
Better Breathers Club
If you deal with chronic lung disease, you’ll find support, friendship and advice in our Better Breathers Club at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital. You’ll learn how your lungs work, what medications and exercise programs can benefit you, and how your doctors help you stay as healthy as possible.