If you experience pneumonia, chickenpox or another condition caused by germs, you have an infectious disease. Your primary care provider can offer you relief from some infectious illnesses but may refer you to a skilled specialist at Tidelands Health for comprehensive treatment of serious conditions.
Illnesses We Treat
Infectious disease doctors have extensive training in treating infections throughout your body, including illnesses that affect your lungs, sinuses, skin, urinary tract and pelvic organs. Find a diagnosis and treatment at Tidelands Health for infectious conditions such as:
Top-Quality Care for Infectious Diseases
At Tidelands Health, a specialist in infectious illnesses will review your medical history, listen to an explanation of your symptoms and examine the results of diagnostic lab work, such as blood tests or urinalysis. Your doctor may recommend any of these treatment options:
- Antibiotic therapy, which battles bacteria that make you sick
- Antiviral drugs for hepatitis, flu, herpes and other conditions caused by viruses
- A fecal transplant that gives you healthy bacteria to cure C. difficile
- Rest, hydration and home care to help your body fight infection
If you get care for sepsis at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital, you’re more likely to survive and less likely to experience complications than at many other hospitals in the nation.
Prevent Infectious Illnesses
Infectious diseases can spread through the air, physical contact and insect bites. To help protect yourself and others from infectious illnesses, you can take many helpful steps.
- Make sure you and your child get all recommended vaccinations.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Disinfect your kitchen and bathroom regularly.
- When you’re sick, completely follow the instructions for taking your antibiotics to stop your infection from returning.
- Learn how to protect yourself from diseases transmitted by pets and animal bites.