Tidelands Health provides care and treatment of chronic infectious disease caused by viruses, bacteria and parasites. Our infectious disease team usually becomes involved in a case when a condition does not respond to initial medical treatment or medication.
Infectious disease treatment is offered both inpatient and outpatient and excludes COVID-19 treatment. A physician referral for outpatient infectious disease treatment is required.
Conditions treated include:
- Multi-drug resistant organisms
- Infections of bones, joints and orthopedic hardware
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Heart valve infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Bloodstream infections
- Post-operative infections
- Fever of unknown origin
- Multiple antibiotic allergies