Vascular Services and Treatments
Your arteries and veins carry life-giving blood and oxygen throughout your body. But blood clots or plaque in your blood vessels can lead to heart attack, stroke or chronic health conditions. Take steps to protect your well-being with quality vascular care from Tidelands Health.
Do you know your coronary calcium score?
The best way to help prevent a heart attack brought upon by coronary artery disease is to catch the disease early.
Vascular Conditions We Treat
Depend on vascular specialists at Tidelands Health for help with conditions such as:
Extensive Diagnostic and Imaging Services
Take advantage of a wide range of vascular diagnostic and imaging services, including:
- Arteriogram – Uses a special dye that lets doctors see your arteries with an X-ray
- Ankle-brachial index – Helps determine your risk of peripheral vascular disease
- Carotid ultrasound – Shows whether plaque is clogging your arteries
- Fractional flow reserve – or FFR – Helps determine whether enough blood is passing through your arteries
- Imaging services for dialysis access grafts
- Intravascular ultrasound – or IVUS – Inserts a tiny tool into your blood vessels to see inside them
- Transcranial Doppler – Measures blood flow through your brain
- Vascular ultrasound – Examines your circulation
Treatments for Your Arteries and Veins
Turn to Tidelands Health for treatments that help your arteries and veins continue to send blood to your vital organs. A carotid endarterectomy can boost your brain’s supply of oxygen and reduce your risk of stroke.
When you experience a heart attack, you may qualify for a minimally invasive procedure called an angioplasty, which is designed to increase blood flow to your heart and preserve your health. Your doctor may recommend this technique even when you don’t have a medical emergency.
Endovascular aneurysm repair can relieve pain you feel due to a bulging artery in your abdomen. This minimally invasive procedure reduces your recovery time, so you can get back to your daily activities as soon as possible.