Advances in IBS treatment offer hope
What was once a poorly understood medical condition has now become more readily recognized, diagnosed and treated thanks to recent research in the field of digestive health.
When you experience stomach pains, bowel issues or other digestive difficulties, Tidelands Health can help. Stay close to home to receive care from board-certified gastroenterologists who have decades of experience. Your doctors will use advanced technology to make a diagnosis and provide excellent treatment of your condition, so you can feel like yourself again.
Get Help for Digestive Conditions
Find relief from issues affecting your esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, small intestines and colon. We treat a wide range of conditions, including:
Is it IBS or something Else?
If you experience frequent bloating, abdominal cramps, excess gas, diarrhea or constipation, you could have a condition known as irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS.
Gastrointestinal Tests and Treatments
The causes of blood in your stool
Blood in your stool is not something anyone wants to see.
Many digestive services at Tidelands Health are available on an outpatient basis, which means you can return home quickly after your procedure. Take advantage of tests and treatments such as:
- Colonoscopy – Provides a view of your large intestine
- EGD or upper endoscopy – Lets physicians examine the esophagus, stomach and upper part of your small intestine
- Small bowel capsule endoscopy – Allows doctors to see inside your small intestine
- Fecal incontinence treatment – Restores your bowel control
- Fecal transplant – Gives you healthy fecal bacteria to relieve C. difficile infections
- Fecal occult blood test – or FOBT – Detects hidden blood in your stool
Find out all about upper endoscopies with this helpful video.
Your gastroenterologist may use a thin, flexible tube called an endoscope to look inside your digestive organs during an endoscopy. Before the procedure, you’ll receive anesthesia to prevent pain and get a sedative to help you relax. Nurses with years of experience in endoscopies will make you feel comfortable. And because we use the latest tools, your endoscopy won’t take long, which means you’ll soon get back to your daily activities.