Cancer Treatment and Services
When you're diagnosed with cancer, having coordinated treatment options close to home eases your path to recovery. The Tidelands Health Cancer Care Network, an affiliate of MUSC Health, is your partner in diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Cancer Screenings and Diagnosis
Myrtle Beach breast cancer survivor ‘rang the bell so hard the little clapper fell out’
It’s a longstanding tradition for Tidelands Health cancer patients to ring a bell celebrating the completion of their chemotherapy treatments.
At the end of her battle with breast cancer, Myrtle Beach resident Tammy Moormann was more than happy to oblige.
Diagnosing cancer early increases the likelihood of a good outcome. You and your health care provider can protect your health with:
- Blood tests that aid in diagnosing cancer
- Bone scans, which can find cancer in a joint or bone
- Breast care screening tools, including advanced 3D mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and MYRISK and BRCA 1/2 genetic testing.
- Colonoscopies that screen for colon cancer
- Imaging and radiology tools, including CT scans and PET scans
- Low-dose CT lung cancer screenings
- Pap tests to screen for cervical cancer
- Skin cancer screenings
Chemotherapy, Radiation and Other Cancer Treatments
Stay close to home and family when taking advantage of a broad range of cancer services. The team at the Tidelands Health Cancer Care Network will make you feel as comfortable as possible during your treatment, which may include:
- Biotherapy, which helps your immune system fight cancer
- Chemotherapy, which you may receive at one of our infusion centers dedicated to your treatment
- Radiation therapy
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy – which minimizes radiation to healthy tissue
- Stereotactic radiosurgery, a precise, non-invasive treatment
- Surgery, used to diagnose cancer, remove tumors and stop the disease from spreading
You also may qualify for leading-edge treatments available through our clinical trials program, conducted in association with MUSC Health.
Promoting Your Comfort and Recovery
In addition to receiving cancer treatment, take advantage of:
- Cancer rehabilitation services that foster your strength and independence
- Education that keeps you and your family informed about cancer and the treatment process
- Nutrition services to help you eat healthy
- Palliative care that improves your comfort and quality of life
Prevention and Education
Choose genetic counseling to explore your genetic risk for cancer and determine how you and your family may prevent the disease. Enroll in a class to learn what lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking, can help you avoid cancer and stay healthy.