Practicing medicine at Tidelands Health can be one of the most rewarding moves you’ll ever make - on and off the job. Our growing, award-winning health system is the largest health care provider in Horry and Georgetown counties. And our service area is rich in coastal beauty, outdoor recreation, premier dining and a relaxed quality of life that will make you feel right at home.
If you are interested in learning more about any of these opportunities or have questions, please contact Dennis Burns at 843-520-8454 or email using the link below.
Email Dennis Burns
Advanced Practitioners - Family Medicine and Hospitalist NPs and PAs
We are seeking physician assistants and nurse practitioners to join our hospital-employed practices at Tidelands Health.
- Be part of a busy team of emergency medicine physicians and other advanced providers in our Murrells Inlet and Georgetown hospitals. Minimum two years’ experience in emergency medicine or primary care is required. Our health system sees nearly 65,000 yearly emergency department visits; no trauma.
- Our primary care practices are growing and are in need of several advanced providers to work with other APs and primary care physicians in the Murrells Inlet and Myrtle Beach areas. Typically, these practitioners work in a practice of three to five providers with full staff and specialty support. This has been identified as the second-fastest-growing market in the country, and we need several APs to meet the needs of our growing population. Some primary care experience preferred.
- Our hospitalist practice is expanding to include PAs and NPs. They will assist the physicians covering our hospitals in Murrells Inlet and Georgetown for full inpatient services. We are seeking several APs to join this hospital-employed practice.
Cardiology - General and Interventional
We are growing our cardiology program and are seeking general and interventional cardiologists. These positions are hospital-employed and are part of our multispecialty practices throughout Horry and Georgetown counties. Practice includes five general cardiologists in Pawleys Island. Interventional procedures are performed in the cath lab at Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital with one IC physician. One EP physician also works in affiliation with Tidelands Health. Our service area, with a population of more than 250,000, is growing with young families and seniors.
We have opportunities available in our own and affiliated primary care practices in both Horry and Georgetown counties.
- Opportunities for family medicine physicians to join hospital-employed practices with other family medicine physicians and advanced practitioners in outpatient practices located in Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach area and Pawleys Island. No inpatient work; full specialty support for referrals. Expect to be busy from the start in growing practices. Locations are with established groups and one will be brand new.
- Join a family health center in Georgetown performing all outpatient primary care. The practice has new office space and is located in the heart of Georgetown. Loan repayment is available. The office is open Monday through Friday, and call is telephone only.
We are seeking two full-time gastroenterologists to join a hospital group with five physicians and four nurse practitioners. We offer full-scope GI services at each of our hospitals and have endoscopy suites in Murrells Inlet and Georgetown. This opportunity includes two to three days per week in clinic and endoscopy suites.
Tidelands Health has an opportunity for a general surgeon to join a busy hospital surgical practice. Be part of an experienced surgical team of three surgeons who enjoy rapidly growing patient volume. Our surgery offices are located in Murrells Inlet and Georgetown.
Our hospitalist practice is changing to an employed model at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital in Murrells Inlet and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital in Georgetown for full inpatient services. We are seeking several new or experienced IM/FM hospitalists to join this practice. Group component will be 14 physicians and six advanced practitioners. We will be recruiting two to four physicians for these positions to complete this complement for summer/fall 2017.
Tidelands Health is growing its primary care practices in general internal medicine at outpatient practices in Murrells Inlet, Pawleys Island, Georgetown and Myrtle Beach. These are successful multispecialty practices at which providers are hospital-employed and are provided full hospitalist and specialty support. Full-time or part-time positions are available. The provider could practice in newly constructed space to be completed in 2017 and 2018.
Oncology - Medical
Join our oncology practice with five medical oncologists as part of Tidelands Health’s multispecialty group in Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach and Georgetown. Ours is a rapidly growing region and, due to population growth, we need to add one more physician to the team providing full oncology services to our patients throughout the service area. Enjoy great physician and specialty/surgical support. These practices feature some of the newest equipment for diagnosis and treatment.
We have an opportunity to practice neurology with a successful multispecialty group in Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet. The group practices neurology, cardiology and pulmonary/critical care. This practice operates in collaboration with MUSC Health located in Charleston, South Carolina.
Tidelands Health between our two hospitals births over 900 babies each year. They are baby friendly certified (only one other in SC has this also) and are growing in patient demands for both OB and GYN services. Work with two physicians in Georgetown. There are 4 L&Ds and 12 postpartum rooms with superior, experienced nursing support.
We are seeking one general orthopedic surgeon in Georgetown to join our skilled team of orthopedic surgeons in an established and growing practice. Two physicians and one physician assistant currently provide full orthopedic services including some sports medicine. This office has eight exam rooms and standard imaging and is one mile from Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital. A new surgery pavilion is under construction and will include four operating rooms. This is a hospital-employed position with the affiliated orthopedic group.
Annual inpatient visits........12,000
Annual outpatient visits......400,000+
Annual ER visits..........Nearly 65,000
Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital licensed beds.......131
Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital licensed beds.....124
Tidelands Waccamaw Rehabilitation Hospital licensed beds....43