Gynecologists at Tidelands Health care for your sexual and reproductive well-being. Visiting a gynecologist regularly helps ensure you stay at your best physically and mentally.
Gynecological Conditions We Treat
Turn to our experienced, compassionate medical professionals for help with a wide range of women’s health issues, including:
Women’s Health Services
At Tidelands Health, you’ll find a wide range of gynecological services and surgeries, including:
- Birth control information and counseling
- Colposcopy, an examination of your cervix, vagina and vulva
- Cryosurgery to freeze abnormal cervical tissue
- Dilation and curettage
- Endometrial ablation, removal of areas of the uterine lining to reduce menstrual flow
- Hysterectomies, including a minimally invasive procedure that minimizes pain and recovery time
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure – or LEEP, removal of abnormal cervical tissue
- Ovarian cyst removal
- Pap tests
- Pelvic exams to check for abnormalities or determine the source of pelvic pain
- Screenings for and education about sexually transmitted diseases
- Tubal ligation
All Your Screenings – In One Location
Getting preventive women’s care at Tidelands Health is easy and convenient. When you visit us for your regularly scheduled gynecological exam, you can receive a mammogram, bone density test and other health screenings in just a single appointment.
Three to six months before you try to conceive, talk to your gynecologist at Tidelands Health to learn how to achieve your best possible health before pregnancy. Your pre-conception visit may include a medical history review, body mass index – or BMI – calculation, blood work, urine sample, blood pressure check and other screenings. If you need medical treatment or guidance in making lifestyle changes to promote a safe, healthy pregnancy, your doctor will recommend options to help you get appropriate care.
If you and your partner have trouble conceiving, Tidelands Health can help you find out why. You’ll meet with caring fertility specialists who offer comprehensive diagnostic tests and advanced fertility treatments.
Guidance Through Menopause
As your menstrual periods end and your estrogen levels drop during menopause, you may experience symptoms such as hot flashes and heart palpitations. Turn to the caring gynecologists at Tidelands Health for guidance in navigating this life change. You’ll learn about hormone replacement therapy and other treatments that could help you, and you’ll discover steps to take on your own to ease your symptoms.