Your joints link your bones together and let you bend and rotate. As you age, joints begin to wear out and cause pain. If physical therapy, medications and other conservative measures haven’t brought lasting relief, joint replacement surgery at Tidelands Health can help you return to the life you love.
Hip, Knee and Shoulder Procedures
Experienced surgeons at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital will exchange your damaged hip, knee or shoulder for a long-lasting artificial joint that will ease your pain. Take advantage of procedures such as:
- Total hip replacement, including anterior hip replacement, an approach that cuts no muscles, lessens your discomfort and speeds your recovery
- Total and partial knee replacement, including a minimally invasive technique that reduces pain and rehabilitation time
- Shoulder replacement, which uses a joint designed to last the rest of your life
Exceptional Joint Replacement Care
Trust Tidelands Health to help you achieve an excellent outcome to your joint replacement procedure. You can feel confident about our expertise because Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital hold certifications for knee replacement and hip replacement from The Joint Commission – the largest independent health care accrediting agency in the United States.
In addition, Tidelands Waccamaw has earned recognitions such as:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield designation as a Blue Distinction Center for knee and hip replacement
- Five-star Healthgrades designation for total knee replacement three years in a row (2013–2015)
- A Healthgrades rating in the Top 10 percent of the nation for joint replacement in two consecutive years (2014-2015)
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award from Healthgrades two years in a row (2013–2014)
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award from Healthgrades (2015)
- South Carolina Hospital Association’s Zero Harm Award for no surgical site infections in knee replacements or hip replacements (2014)
Stay Informed About Your Joint Surgery
When you choose Tidelands Health for your procedure, you can participate in a special class that explains how to prepare for joint replacement surgery. Stay informed about your procedure and learn what to expect so you’ll be better able to succeed in recovery and rehabilitation.