When your bones, joints or muscles hurt, you’ll find no better place in the region than Tidelands Health to receive treatment. National health care ratings service Healthgrades has rated Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital in the Top 10 percent of hospitals in the country for overall orthopedic services in 2015. And our outcomes for musculoskeletal care rank among the best in the national Crimson database, a technology platform used by health care organizations. That means you’ll get exemplary service at Tidelands Health.
Complete Musculoskeletal Care
The "Backbone" of Excellence
Tidelands Health offers renowned orthopedic care and highly recognized service. Find out the latest achievements of our skilled providers.
Choose Tidelands Health for comprehensive orthopedic services, including:
- Award-winning joint replacement care for hips, knees and shoulders
- The largest network of outpatient rehabilitation providers in the area
- Our Tidelands HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness, where you can build strength and get therapy to help you recover after an injury
- Pain management services that improve your quality of life
- Powerful imaging and radiology tools that help provide a quick, accurate diagnosis of your condition
- Spine care specialists who treat your aching back or neck
- Sports medicine services for athletes of all ages and abilities
Outstanding Orthopedic Surgery
If you need musculoskeletal surgery, you’ll get some of the best care in the country at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital. In 2015, Tidelands Waccamaw was named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery by Healthgrades and earned a Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award. That
The Latest Treatments for Shoulder Injuries
In this podcast, Dr. William Greer talks about how most sports injuries do not require surgery and how to treat these.
means you’ll benefit from shorter hospital stays, low infection rates and faster recovery times.
Skilled Bone, Joint and Muscle Surgeons
At Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital and Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, you benefit from talented surgeons who are skilled in procedures such as:
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair – A minimally invasive procedure that restores function to your shoulder and upper arm
- Carpal tunnel surgery – Relieves painful pressure on nerves in your wrist
- Cartilage repair – Helps your shoulder, elbow, knee or ankle move more easily
- Hip resurfacing – Eases hip discomfort
- Joint replacement surgery -- Restores movement to hips, knees and shoulders
- Ligament reconstruction – Recovers joint stability
- Spinal surgery -- Relieves back and neck pain
- Trigger finger surgery – Lets your finger fully extend again