Lung and Respiratory Care
If you experience difficulty breathing, seek relief at Tidelands Health. Our medical staff includes physicians who are board-certified in pulmonary medicine, meaning they have training in advanced treatments for your lungs and follow strict measures to help keep you safe.
Conditions We Treat
Get help at Tidelands Health for lung and respiratory conditions such as:
Lung and Respiratory Services
At Tidelands Health, you’ll benefit from a wide range of pulmonary tests and treatments, including:
- Bronchoscopy – Lets your physician see inside your respiratory tract
- Cancer care for lungs – Includes diagnostic services and personalized treatment
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation – Offers education, exercise, peer support and guidance from medical professionals to help you cope with lung disease
- Pulmonary function testing – Assists your doctor in diagnosing lung disorders
- Respiratory therapy – Helps you improve your breathing
- Sleep apnea evaluation – Assesses how well you breathe during sleep
- Smoking cessation education – Gives you practical advice on quitting smoking
- Thoracentesis – Removes fluid in your chest to make breathing easier
- Ventilator management – Supports breathing when you can’t breathe on your own
Exceptional Pulmonary Care
When you receive care at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital, you can trust us to deliver nationally recognized care. Healthgrades, the nation’s leading independent health care consumer research organization, has rated Tidelands Waccamaw five stars for treatment of respiratory failure (2015) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2014 and 2015).
Better Breathers Club
If you deal with chronic lung disease, you’ll find support, friendship and advice in our Better Breathers Club at Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital. You’ll learn how your lungs work, what medications and exercise programs can benefit you, and how your doctors help you stay as healthy as possible.