Cancer Services and Treatments
When you're diagnosed with cancer, having coordinated treatment options close to home eases your path to recovery. Choose Tidelands Health to find more cancer services than any other community health system in our region.
Cancer Screenings and Diagnosis
Diagnosing cancer early increases the likelihood of a good outcome. You and your health care provider can protect your health with:
Chemotherapy, Radiation and Other Cancer Treatments
Stay close to home and family when taking advantage of a broad range of cancer services. We’ll make you feel as comfortable as possible during your treatment, which may include:
- Biotherapy, which helps your immune system fight cancer
- Chemotherapy, which you may receive at one of our infusion centers dedicated to your treatment
- Radiation therapy
- Brachytherapy, an advanced treatment used especially for breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy – which minimizes radiation to healthy tissue
- Stereotactic radiosurgery, a precise, non-invasive treatment
- Surgery, used to diagnose cancer, remove tumors and stop the disease from spreading
You also may qualify for leading-edge treatments available through our clinical trials program, conducted in association with MUSC Health.
Promoting Your Comfort and Recovery
In addition to receiving cancer treatment, take advantage of:
- Cancer rehabilitation services that foster your strength and independence
- Education that keeps you and your family informed about cancer and the treatment process
- Nutrition services to help you eat healthy
- Palliative care that improves your comfort and quality of life
Prevention and Education
Choose genetic counseling to explore your genetic risk for cancer and determine how you and your family may prevent the disease. Enroll in a class to learn what lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking, can help you avoid cancer and stay healthy.