Better for Life
How do I Join?
To join Better for Life, click below and complete a membership application. If you have any questions about Better for Life, please email BetterforLife@tidelandshealth.org
We all want to live better, healthier lives. Better for Life is our free membership program specifically for adults 50 years of age and older that can help you learn more about a better, healthier life and how to maintain an active life no matter your age.
Wellness and Health Education
Better for Life members will be invited to health screenings, programs and activities throughout the year. Seminars and other educational programs feature Tidelands Health physicians, health educators and others who lead discussions and fun health-related activities on topics of interest to help you enjoy better health.
Better for Life Perks
Members enjoy special benefits within select Tidelands Health facilities and with participating community partners:
- 10 percent discount on regular priced items in Tidelands Health hospital gift shops. Does not apply to balloons, candy, flowers, stamps and sundries.
- 20 percent discount in Tidelands Health hospital cafeterias.
- One free guest meal (Chef’s Special) per day during a family member’s inpatient hospital stay at either hospital. The meal is to be ordered through the Service Response Center at 843-520-8888. It will be delivered to the patient room, and the Better for Life member will need to present his or her card.
- 50 percent discount on Tidelands HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness enrollment.
- 10 percent in Tidelands HealthPoint shop.
- Three guest passes to Tidelands HealthPoint for $30.
- Tidelands HealthPoint member rates for day spa services. (Begins. Oct. 1, 2017)
- Up to five single-game Coastal Carolina University football tickets at the cost of $12 each. Good for each home game. Please call the CCU athletics ticket office at 843-347-8499 to reserve the preferred number of tickets. When you pay for the tickets at the time of reservation, you are guaranteed tickets that you may pick up at the Will Call window on game day. Your Better for Life discount will also be honored at the ticket window if you purchase tickets on game day. You must present your membership card to receive the ticket discount.
- Tickets discounts to all Wednesday regular season Myrtle Beach Pelicans games. Discount rate is determined by the ticket purchased:
Field Box tickets discounted to $10
Tire Town Terrace tickets discounted to $9
Budweiser Deck tickets discounted to $7
Better for Life Members will be provided a discount code to use for online ticket purchase.
- $2 discount on Brookgreen Gardens general admission tickets. This discount is valid for general admission only, and is not valid for special ticketed events. Admission pricing is subject to change. You must present your membership card to receive the ticket discount.
- Discounts on annual Brookgreen Gardens memberships: $5 discount on new Individual Memberships and a $10 discount on new annual Household Memberships and higher membership levels. Be prepared to show your Better for Life membership card at the Admissions Plaza or at Brookgreen’s onsite membership desks. Photo I.D. may also be required.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for membership in Better for Life?
The program and its services are available to individuals who are 50 years of age and older. A short application form will need to be completed.
Does membership include a discount on my hospital bill?
No, membership does not include discounts on Tidelands Health medical services. Membership does include discounts in our gift shops and cafeterias and other benefits.
Show me more...
I want to...